Friday, January 26, 2007

Comings and goings

Here are some new albums of pictures from Lauren's visit and My mom's visit. Lauren finally decided to exercise her veto power over my beard, and I wasn't sorry to see it go.

Most have you have probably seen this since I've sent it around, but the Google search for miserable failure is very different as of this afternoon. (For those not familiar, the first result used to be Bush's biography.) This was part of a ranking change that I worked on with a coworker to fix google bombs. It's gotten a little bit of press so far, on the Google webmaster blog, on my manager's blog, and on Search Engine Land. The wikipedia page was changed 3 hours after we saw the google blog post go live.

No matter how much experience I have with the internet, it still tickles me every time I do something that gets talked about in a language I don't understand, although the last time it happened it was a little more embarassing.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Nice of your manager to publicly thank you!

Anonymous said...

I think google bombs are fun...especially when directed at the current administration.

Anonymous said...

Ryan M,
I love this site. You are awesome. Congrats on the Googlebomb - I am impressed. I really like your beard - grow it again.
Hugs from Ryan K's mom

←me